Monday, October 19, 2009

Six Flags Adventure




Recently we purchased Six Flags passes... What a great deal! You pay for this year and you get next year as well!! (Plus, you can go to any Six Flags in the country.)


The boys absolutely love going and now that we have season passes, we can go whenever we want. It has been nice, an hour or two here and there. Especially last weekend, the weather was absolutely gorgeous and with the last weekend of the State Fair, the park was practically empty! We actually went twice over the weekend. Friday night, the weather was nice and cool and it's the middle of FrightFest, so plenty of scary costumes to be found! Sunday afternoon was much of the same, a little warmer though, so we could ride some of the wet coasters like the log ride and the rapids.


Friday night also marked Ray Ray's first "big" roller coaster. He has always ridden the kid's rides and LOVES them, but now he is finally tall enough to ride some of the adult rides. He and I waited in line for the Tony Hawk (our longest wait of the night and the red roller coaster picture above)... I was nervous that he was going to be scared or cry once the ride started, but instead he started laughing and giggling! My heart swelled... A boy after my own heart! I love roller coaster rides and always hoped my boys would too. What a success! Though, while the ride was going he started to yell "Oh no! I think I'm going to be sick!!!" YIKES! At the end he just said "That was SO awesome! Let's do it again!"


Later in the evening, Ray took him to the Shockwave which has 2 loops (the green coaster picture). My nerves couldn't handle taking him, I'm so afraid he's going to fly out! He's tall, but he's also very skinny and I don't think any of the restraints were made for his frame... Ray even said he was afraid he might fall out, but alas, the ride went great! He came running off screaming how much fun he'd had.


Andrew is probably even more of a ride enthusiast than his brother. He will also ride anything he is tall enough to get on, but he will hold his hands up the entire ride and scream and giggle. It is so cute! I can't wait until he is tall enough to ride all of the rides!


I am so glad we are able to do things like this as a family. It made for such a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment